But just for the sake of boredom and semi-explanation as to why I have be a little MIA from this blog, here is a quick update on some of the things I've been up to this month:
- As pictured above, based off A Starving Creative's Valentine's day pop-up card tutorial I transformed some of my store bought Valentine's day cards into something a little more fun. It reminded me of my childhood back in camp when I'd use construction paper and make pop-up cards for everybody.
- I started training at a Cross Fit gym on Tuesday with my cousin Sarah and because lately I've been slacking on my workouts, it was harder than it shoulda been. Also I'm sick and coughing fits almost took me out. But I'm hoping I will improve because in June we (along with some more cousins & friends) will be competing in a Spartan Race so amping out my workouts will really help.
- Along with that, we have also been going to hot yoga classes, doing some Zumba (confirming that I can't dance for beans), and we've now begun our training for our first half-marathon in October. Since when do I do all this physical activity, it's crazy right? According to our schedule I should be working out 6 days a week. CRAZY! Gonna try and do it as best I can, and I've actually found when I do miss a work out, I get tense and stiff. So keep on keeping on.
- After resisting for a while, I finally caved and joined Pinterest, so follow me to see what has caught my eye lately.
- I realized how much I miss making inspiration boards and made this one for Katniss ft. Fossil and a Poser Guide for my RamFam's winter retreat.
- As usual, I've been working at the never ending task of decluttering my room. I don't think there will ever be a time I'm not in need of throwing things out. But it's so hard when other people are tossing things and I think it might have some sort of future potential. I'd love for my room to be more minimal... I think. I love the look but it doesn't feel like 'me', but maybe it's because I've never been able to declutter enough for it to happen. I'm looking into getting some 'new' (most likely thrifted) furniture though and have been looking at paint swatches, because after almost 2 years... I'm officially bored of this colour. Though I will probably keep the striped wall. Still digging that.
- I got my hair cut at a salon for the 2nd time in like 5 years (irrational fear of hairdressers cutting my hair off). She did a good job, my hair looks a lot healthier, but I'm sad that it's so much shorter now (though it is still several inches past my shoulders). But this means it'll grow faster now. My goal is to not dye my hair until December 31, 2012; a whole year later! And when I do, if I make it till then, it will be Little Mermaid red! Wahoo!
- And to end off, like I said, I've been sick since last weekend so that is also why this post is decently uneventful. At least I posted something I made, right?