During that half a year I've learned some things about myself, one of which is that I don't think I'm going to become that person I thought I was. I used to think I'd be that girl who blogs cool DIYs and recipes every week, daily outfit posts or just general howdy-do this is what's happening in my life kind of posts. And I don't have any kids but I did read this article that really hit me called "Removing My Children From the Internet". I won't go into here but if you have kids, I think it's a worthwhile article with some good points.
So despite not being that person, and not really caring for having my entire life constantly broadcasted in detail online, I thought I'd give you all an update on some of what has happened over the past 7 months:
- I got a hair cut that I regretted almost immediately.
- I started a new job.
- Got my own pink gloves for the Cause Effect Fitness Muay Thai classes
- This guy I've known for years started talking to me everyday.
- Princess, Jacob, and Kris showed up on my doorstep at midnight on my birthday with ice cream cupcakes and it was probably the sweetest thing anyone has ever done for my birthday.
- Spent my actual birthday with different groups of my friends and family. Eating. Always eating.
- Celebrated my birthday with my upside birthday twin, Princess, by going rock climbing and to dinner with our friends.
- This month was largely about my birthday. I've never really cared for birthdays, in fact, I kind of share Ron Swanson's opinion on them, to a certain degree. But this year was different. This year was really nice.
- Went to Alaska to be a bridesmaid in my cousin Katya's wedding
- Fell head over heels in love with the mountains
- Climbed Flattop Mountain and felt complete
- Near the end of the month Kris and I started dating. He's pretty awesome.
- Camping and lots of beach volleyball
- Awkward sibling photo at my cousin Titus' wedding
- Went tubing and it was the scariest thing ever
- Stayed up for over 40 hours making floral arrangements with my mom and then attending the wedding we made them for
- Camping with my church for a zombie themed weekend complete with a zombie survival kit scavenger hunt that I put together.
- Trip to Pennsylvania with the family
- A million prizes from the CNE cause my boyfriend is a wack-a-mole champ. Finally got my first ever Hello Kitty plushie.
- Aaven's 4th birthday. This kid is growing up so fast
- Tricked into running the 10km version of the Terry Fox Run instead of the 5 I intended
- Finally started my own volleyball team in a league called "Just Hit the Ball"
- Survived Tough Mudder, a 17 km obstacle course. Took like 5 hours but I finished!
- Attended my 4th wedding of the year.
- Quit one of my jobs
- Niagara Falls quadruple date
- Hiking at Rattlesnake Point with Kris and his pet bear Marlow
- Won the costume contest at a birthday party with our Dia de los Muertos outfits
- Attended my cousin Lydia's wedding
- First Halloween ever I didn't get to dress up because I left for a trip to New Brunswick
- Got hired for a new job
- November isn't over yet but I did go to New Brunswick for my cousin Mike's wedding (6th wedding of the year), so I thought it'd be worth mentioning and posting a picture of the Bay of Fundy since it was beautiful.
- Finally worked up the nerve to take my G2 driving test... and passed! Woo!
- My volleyball team 'Just Hit the Ball' finally won some games! We may have had a few ringers on our team though... but we are improving!
Also avidly avoiding it I finally caved and got instagram so I guess you can follow me to see more regular bits of my life. Cause if you made it to the end of this post you probably care about that to some degree. or you're just really bored at work. I don't really care either way. here it is.
Okay enough rambling. The end.